Pink Screen Film Festival
at The Projector
presented by NBCUniversal and Salesforce
Pink Screen at The Projector, co-presented by NBCUniversal and Salesforce, is a series of film screenings that showcase the talent, struggles and victories of the LGBTQ community across different countries and cultures. Pink Screen is an official signature event of Pink Fest.
More information on Pink Screen at http://theprojector.sg/category/pink-screen/
The Pink Screen 2019 program includes:
- KANARIE (South Africa; 2018, rating: TBA; dir: Christiaan Olwagen) a coming-of-age musical war drama, set in South Africa.
- THE BLOSSOMING OF MAXIMO OLIVEROS (Philippines; 2005; rating: NC-16; dir: Auraeus Solito) a gay teen in the slums of Manila is torn between his love for a young cop and his loyalty to his family.
- CLOSE-KNIT (Japan, 2017; rating: M18; dir: Naoki Ogigami) After being repeated neglected by her mother 11-year-old Tomo finds a loving home with her uncle and his transgender girlfriend.
- ORLANDO (U.K, 1992; rating: M18; dir: Sally Porter) An British period drama film set in Elizabethan era Europe starring Tilda Swinton, Billy Zane and Quentin Crisp. Loosely based on Virginia Woolf’s 1928 novel ‘Orlando: A Biography’.
- THE SILK AND THE FLAME (China, 2018, rating: M18, dir: Jordan Schiele) A documentary that follows unmarried Yao who travels from Beijing to his village to celebrate the Chinese New Year – the most important family with his disabled father and deaf mother.